Monday 9 January 2012

Day 7 - Raw & Alive

Ok, I'm in the drivers' seat again...  Must have had my fill in my dreams last night (cut to: me gnawing on my pillow through the night)

Breakfast:
  • juice: apple, carrot, strawberry, celery, kale, spinach.  
Snack:
  • brown rice and seaweed
  • green tea
Lunch:
  • big huge salad (leftover from yesterday)
  • Carrot sticks
  • green tea
Dinner:
  • more salad
Snack:
  • popcorn
  • vanilla honeybush tea
Notes:
  • Willpower.  Lunch.  Made my daughter some homemade pasta with meat sauce and Parmesan Cheese.  Didn't.  have.  a.  bite. 
  • As you can see, the program has shifted some since the beginning.  In the past few days I've added quinoa and rice.  I did a check in with our scale that shows a number of different readings and it is validating what I'm feeling:  I feel like my body is in deficit (body fat: muscle ratio increasing), especially with training.  So we have added some grains.  
  • I am also looking in to the macrobiotic diet which sounds interesting.  Hard to find info on it for our area though.  As with many things in my life, I like to find my own balance from a handful of arenas rather than subscribing to one philosophy.  I will say this: I am really enjoying this evolution in nutrition.  It is something I definitely feel better for and excited to continue.
  • much less gummy mouth still.
  • Love that our daughter is so experimental with the juices.  
  • My eczema is not that great, but that always seems to coincide with hormonal fluctuations
  • Juicing is a great way to use up our produce.  We used to waste so much money on uneaten organic produce.  Now, anytime something isn't made in to a meal, it is juiced.  I really value that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment