Saturday 14 January 2012

Day 11 - Raw & Alive

Breakfast:
  • Juice - apple, kale, snap pea, spinach, carrot
  • earl grey tea
Lunch:
  • green salad
  • tomato soup
  • bread  :{
  • lemon water
  • peppermint tea
Snack:
  • small veggie roll with zucchini humus
Dinner:
  • Veggie soup
  • Wrap - beet, spinach, tomato, onion with zucchini humus
Snack:
  • popcorn with butter
  • cucumber sticks with zucchini humus
  • chia pudding
Notes:
  • I was out running around and went to a restaurant that I thought would have good salads, or fresh veggies.  It was not.  Plain lettuce with a dressing and a tomato soup with probably some kind of cream in it.  Then I ate the bread.
  • It was a challenge seeing all the other foods I would normally eat on there.  My "veggie glasses" went right out the window.  Did ok, though since I only ate bread and the rest was relatively ok.
  • After making veggie soup last night, our stock at home was quite depleted, so we are running on a tub of zucchini humus and only certain veggies that are not very good by themselves ha ha!
  • Veggie Soup - it is cooked.  Again a modification of just a 'raw food' diet.  I think that cooked foods has a place.  Perhaps it is different levels for everyone and you have to listen to your own instinct.  But I do believe that cooking foods has it's place.  An article in Scientific American "Fact or Fiction: Raw Veggies are Healthier Than Cooked Ones" discusses how some veggies are better for cooking and some are better raw.  I think diversity is good, then we get the best of both worlds. It's just what feels right for me.
  • I need more recipes! 
  • I have been using our Tanita Ironman Body Monitor to help measure changes (make sure I'm not losing a ton of water, muscle, etc.)  Things look good - a healthy amount of weight loss.  Body Fat % down, Muscle Mass - same, Body Water % - same, Visceral Fat - decreasing.  I feel good and the numbers support it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment