Sunday 8 January 2012

Day 5 - Raw & Alive

Breakfast:
  • apple, blueberry, carrot, beet, parsley, celery & leek (took 2 sips that came right back up)
  • coconut water (2 glasses)
Snack:
  • Apple

Lunch:
  • Carrot sticks & humus
Dinner:
  • curried quinoa
  • vegetable lentil soup
Snack:
  •   Pau D'Arco tea
  • almonds

Note:
  • Here's my story about our morning Juice:
Me:  "What's in this one hun?"
Him: "apple, blueberry, carrot, beet, parsley, celery & leek"
(gives me the glass - cheers!  We both drink.  hm... wow that leek really is strong at the end...  He looks at me.  I look at him.  We both take another sip and he pours some for our daughter.  "huh."  Not sure she will be a very happy camper if she has this one.  That leek leaves a strong aftertaste...  She hesitates.  He looks at me.  I look at him.)
Me:  "I don't think she'll be too happy...  I don't feel too good... not because of your juice..." (didn't want to be ungrateful for his juice)
Him: "I think I'm going to throw up!" (he runs past me to the main floor bathroom) and I run behind him for the bathroom upstairs.

  • lesson - do not juice an entire leek.  I've never had a reaction to anything that fast before.  It was harsh!  & hilarious.  Kinda gross, but jeez...  Maybe a slice of leek, the inside of the leek too, I read.  Not an entire leek.
  • Apples and almonds.  I'm bored of them.  Still like 'em, but I'm bored.  Need more options to eat things.  Variety.  Need more variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment