Thursday 10 May 2012

Nicaragua - Day 6 "She's Up! ...and She's Down..."

Woke up and did some mental training about surfing.  I do this for pretty much all performance-oriented tasks (it's what we do), so I used the quiet moment while Little M slept to just visualize, repeat, affirm, see it, feel it in my body, see the outcome.  I just did that and some meditation.  Ahhhh...

Then I stalked Little M.  When she grows up, what is she going to think seeing all these photos of her when she sleeps?  But really, when you see your child sleeping, looking so peaceful, content... It is pretty beautiful, moments you don't want to ever forget.  So maybe she'll love me for it, knowing I stalked her in love. ha ha!

Read some of my gardening book.  How's my garden at home doing?  Half of the seedlings are at home on an automatic watering system in the house.  Half are at a friends' house.  threw some seeds in the garden under floating row cover before we left... Ooh, the suspense... Will five weeks of investment in starting our own seedlings make it?  hmmm...

Back out on the water, Me and Chica went out for a later morning session.  Alongside being accountable to Little M for how I learn, I have "Chica" out there with me.  She is a huge help in chillin' out there.   I love our time getting to know one another better.  She has a great energy, open, brillliant.  She is 39, just had their second child six months ago and is in amazing shape.  Talking about the ocean and her being away from it for a while (due to her pregnancy) helps remind me of all that I truly do love about it - beyond surfing.  Thanks Chica Boom!

And ya know what?  I caught a wave I was happy with!  Yihooo!  Ahhh... I am thankful that Life gives the opportunity to learn and then when you make a switch, give appreciation, something positive comes.  So then I was pretty stoked and went out a second session too.  Wahoooo!

Later on, we went out for a lunch and swam.  Around 3pm, we returned home and something was not right.  I had a growing pain in my upper, right hand-side.  It didn't feel like anything I'd experienced before - not digestive.  The pain got worse and worse.  No other abdominal or digestive issues.

Missed dinner with our friends and actually fell asleep on and off through the pain.  Searing, constant pain.  I'm pretty good about pain management, but this one sucks.  This is when I DISLIKE being away from home.  Just want to be in my house, in my bed, close to a hospital I know.

Sucks...


No comments:

Post a Comment