Saturday 5 May 2012

Nicaragua - Day 1


4am departure from our home.  All-nighter, no sleep.  Forgot my cell phone.  Who needs a cell phone in Nicaragua anyway?   I do!  It's my camera too.  Darn it.  Freezing our tushkas off from the parking lot to the airport.  Brrrrr!!!

Fell asleep before the wheels of the plane left the ground.  Hubby and Little M did ballerina sticker book all the way to Houston - love that man.  He says I was doing the ugly, open-mouth snore.  I loved him a little less - "dude, nudge me or something!"  He undoubtedly was pulling my leg...  I don't snore.

We got to our hotel in Houston.  Ahhh warmth!  I'm melting like a pat of butter.  To the pool we went lead by our leader on a mission: Little M.  She made friends with a family reunion gang of kids.  Fearless and kind that kid is.  Proud.

I stalked the hotel restaurant; abandoned.  So hungry.  Finally pounced on the Front Desk at 5:00pm, "WHEN DOES IT OPEN?You don't want to see me hungry people.  Seriously.   They had run out of most things we tried to order, which made me second guess whatever did eventually come.  No fresh foods here y'all.

Little M crashed on the pullout couch.  We watched a bit of the old movie "Splash" with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks.  We don't have cable TV at home, so when we 'hotel it', if the TV goes on, watching commercials and shows is culture shock.  Always blows my mind what our society is normalizing, especially through commercials.

There is that feeling of leaving home for a new adventure: What will you return home carrying in your memories?  How will you be different for the experience?  Will home fare well?  My garden (yikes)?!  To safe travels, adventures and returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment