Tuesday 7 February 2012

Updated Bits

Just an update that surgery went really well yesterday!  Going under anesthesia and coming out was great.  It is crazy lying there, the O.R. staff chatting away with you, then you feel the cool fluid of the anesthesia going in and... YOU'RE OUT!   What seems like the next second someone is calling your name, you're all cuddled up and in a different room.  Crazy. 

I'm definitely having a lesson in relinquishing control these days.   I'm very used to being in touch with my body, controlling it, listening to it etc.  But not knowing about what was going on as far as the 'bits', and then being put under anesthetic to deal with it.  It's weird to me.  There's like a team of people workin' away down there... and I know nothing about it or won't know the outcome for 2 weeks!  Very weird.  I am, however, controlling/focusing my thoughts, putting them to good use, focusing on wellness, on healing and moving forward in many ways.  If all goes well in the results from the biopsy in two weeks, I will definitely appreciate the lessons this has all brought me.

Back to yesterday, the staff was great - they are totally getting a delivery of chocolate covered strawberries.  Good care is so amazing when you have it.  Doing that job day in and day out, must be a challenge. It is appreciated.

Thank you to all who sent out good vibes, prayers and just awesome support.  That meant the world and without a doubt, it made a difference in a thousand ways I couldn't even be aware of, outside of all the ways it made me feel so resilient, but the day just went so smoothly I know every thought was in play.  Pretty overwhelming, especially to hear that some of you have followed up on your own health - YIHOOO!  Thank you everyone! 

Today is a gorgeous day out.  I am just chilling and relaxing.  Feeling a bit achy, but otherwise great.  I am spending the day doing what I love, connecting with family and friends, writing and trying to do some positive things.  Making good vibes out here on the farm!

I juiced up a storm this morning.  Body is loving that.  Since doing our juicing and predominantly raw food challenge in January, boy have I noticed a difference coming off it!!  The vibrance, the energy, the clarity... I miss that!  Since I did the program, I caught the flu, went to Las Vegas with my awesome sisters, came home, recovered with my family who also caught the flu and then had surgery.  I see such an incredible contrast that I have had a consultation and scheduled a Nutrition Coaching appointment with Whitney at Grounded Nutrition.  For the recovery process especially, I am focusing on juicing especially today, and just trying to boost my body with easy to digest, vitamin packed nutrition.  No worries, I'm also having some comfort foods in there too...  I have a couple weeks of performance-oriented work coming up starting next week, so I'm doing my best to give my body the full capabilities of healing.   It feels good!

Again, thank you everyone who tuned in, and for all the positive thoughts going on.  Makes me want to send out that much more positive vibes in to the world around me.  That is what life is all about right?

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. *big hugs* -- Your such a trooper. Can't wait to see you soon! Maybe some lazy movie afternoon?

    ReplyDelete