Wednesday 25 May 2011

Favourite Products

A friend recently asked to post a list of my favourite products, so here it is.  I am not a healthcare professional, these are just favourite products that I use for myself and my family that may be of interest to research for your own.

I will continue to update it as I remember items and bump it up. If you have any favourites to add, please post a comment below!

Ocean Wonder Kelp
  • "Over 70 naturally occuring minerals, trace elements, amino acids, vitamins & digestive Enzymes"
  • Why: To replace minerals and nutrients lost in current food/produce supply, for a healthy thyroid, and Kelp just plain kicks ass.  "Kelp has proven remedial for the following: glandular and thyroid disprders, stomach troubles, kidney disorders, asthma, low vitality, obesity, weak bones, various skin conditions and is known to be a strong detoxifier of heavy metals".  Plus, if you consider current environmental issues, a low, natural dose of organic iodine may be of interest.  A 100% Canadian product



Keys Soap-  Solar RX Moisturizer Sunblock (SPF 30+), Luminos Hydrating Moisturizer,  Mangrove Foaming Shampoo & Scalp Treatment, MetaCare Natural Intensive Therapy Cream
  • With an average rating of "1" on the Environmental Working Group Skin Deep site, I likey this line.  Light-weight, and "Clean Green Vegan" - love them!  
  • be aware that Solar RX SPF 30+ is not waterproof


Bio K+ Soy
  • 50 Billion happy live bacteria dancing and replenishing your digestive system.  Try it for a week and believe me, your system will show results...  I won't say more than that.
  • http://www.biokplus.com/en-us/about-probiotics


 Holy Crap Cereal
  • "There‘s a reason why "Holy Crap" is known as the world‘s most amazing breakfast cereal. And it‘s not just because this hand-blended organic cereal contains an ancient super food that‘s a source of calcium and protein… it‘s:
  • Gluten free
  • Lactose free
  • High in dietary fibre
  • High in iron
  • Rich in omega 3, omega 6 and antioxidants"
  • "Holy Crap" contains chia seeds.  As stated in 'O, The Oprah Magazine', "Chia is the world's healthiest whole food... Chia seeds are comparable to flax seeds in brain and heart health Omega-3's and they contain more calcium than milk and are on par with blueberries for cancer fighting antioxidants".  


 Barlean's Organic Oils
  • YUM - and so good for complete Omega 3-6-9 
  • Why:  My cousin mentioned it to me and for years now, I use it for my daughter, and myself.  Healthy brain, healthy skin (it seems to help with my eczema and her dry skin)
  • Add it to cereals, shakes, icecream etc.  My daughter loves 1/2 a BioK+ with a spoonful of Holy Crap and a dab of Barlean's Swirl





Respiractin - Breathe Easy
  • For the cold season and for the allergy season, we used this (they have a kids version too).  It helped to "open the airways" and clear the colds.  Tastes good too!






Fattoria Estense - Cream of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
  • I don't have a link/photo for this one - but you can generally buy this, or something like it at any gourmet store, or make your own!  It is a balsamic reduction - very thick, so if you are trying to reduce your use of oils in dressings, but still like some thickness, this is great.  Mix it with a bit of Udo's Oil, or even just straight for a delish green salad, or over garden fresh tomatoes and a bit of torn bococcini, basil and sea salt.  YUM!

So there's a few of my favs.  I'll be adding to this as I find things in the kitchen/house/stores!  Again, if you have any favourites of your own, please post below.  And most importantly, remember to do your own research on whatever you use - what is right for some is not for others.  :)

    2 comments:

    1. Excellent product page! You suggested that if we had a product to pass along we could so here is one for the men.
      I've had an off and on again enlarged prostate for several years now and in avoidance of prescription drugs, researched and found a Naturopathic treatment in the form of Saw Palmetto. If I take it regularly, it does keep things functioning normally.
      The particular product I'm using is by ORGANICS Saw Palmetto 560mg. There are many Product names producing the same 'Dietary Supplement' and I'm sure any of the major organic brands would be just as good as the other.

      I would recommend it to any male experiencing these 'enlarged prostate' symptoms but even so, Prostate problems can be much more complex and would need to be determined before making any kind of treatment decisions.

      Thanks for providing this information Julia - Keep up the good work.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for the input - I hope it will give light to someone else who may find it useful :)

      ReplyDelete