Monday 25 April 2011

Weekly goal - KICKIN' IT IN TO HIGH GEAR!

One common theme I have observed from my daughter's development is that friction precedes accelerated growth.   She will go through a period of frustration, anger, sass that is not normal to her.. and juuust when we are about to lock horns, the tide shifts and this little flower blossoms from the depths.  New behaviours, leaps in physical or emotional development bubble to the surface...  Kids are so primal, they are really intriguing to see these patterns and then reflect on in our lives as adults.  Do I do that too?  Yup. I  think life in general does that - friction, growth, new level, and you vault in energy from that place to a next place. 

On the back of my own personal friction, negative vibe, internal growth, I feel like I am at a new plateau.  I also feel the need to KICK SOME ASS! 

"W-SAAAAH!!!!!!"  I need to increase my physical training.  It is time.  I feel antsy physically.  SO!  there was a time in my life where I was doing a level of training that I was quite happy with.  We started our rehearsal days with a conditioning routine.  That routine consisted of 1,000 kicks.   SO. That is what this week is going to be about.  By the end of the week, I want to do 1,000 in that last day (front, side, back, roundhouse, crescent, combos etc.).  Nothing flash, just straightforward, basic kicks.

What do I want to gain by this?  The number makes it a measurable goal, but my focus is on doing the kicks properly.   If I can't do 1,000 properly with good technique, I will be lowering the number to whatever is reasonable.  Most importantly, I am striving for and hoping to accomplish:
  • engaging core with a better posture than I have in the past.  
  • strengthening my balance, 
  • increasing my cardio - GET MOVING 
  • revving up the fighter spirit
  • and yes, tuning up my kicking techniques. 

This goal is purely physical, and we will see what happens (since it has been... eight years since that was my routine).  This is gonna be funny... OUCH! (don't do this unless you are trained, please)  But hopefully it will also insert some ass kicking off your own in to life, in whatever way you choose.  "Where is YOUR FIGHTER?  Where is your fighting spirit?" 

Tonight will be the first round - "Ding! Ding!  W-SAAAHHH!"   I will be posting the details of the workouts daily.

*smokin' artist rendering by Mikems71...  I want to be SpiderWoman!  Especially lookin' like THAT! (perhaps with not so much coochie-angle and not so much boobage though)

No comments:

Post a Comment