Tuesday 23 August 2011

There will be a day when my lungs empty of their last breath.  My heart will spin and fear letting go of this life and from my loved ones, and memories will pass like a slow, easy breeze across my mind.

I will remember, summer days walking down the long driveway to the garden with my little girl chattering away with that sweet voice I sometimes nowadays take for granted.  Her picking and eating a meals' worth of veggies from the patch of earth we planted together.  Little hands plucking sun-warmed strawberries from the barrel - her most treasured gems of the garden.  Then one fine, plump strawberry left, she holds it up to the blue-skies and without a thought, offers it to me.  The sweetest, most flavourful strawberry I can remember.

It is crazy how life moves along, those moments that just happen.  Some moments make you just stop, as though the whole world suddenly slowed just for you to take note.  The first kiss my husband gave me will ride along that breeze too.

These moments cost nothing.  Most of the time they make me wonder what all the 'chasing' in life is for, but for chasing moments like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment